19 April 2013

TGIF / 19

Hey guess what... I'm baaaaack! Sorry for the extended absence but it was much needed. With my birthday festivities spanning two entire weekends and putting in more time at the job, I needed the break. I said when I started this blog that I wasn't going to pressure myself too much and I'd step away if necessary, which is exactly what I did. I love blogging and I don't ever want it to feel like a chore. Perhaps I should do what Jamie did and create my own blogging manifesto. What do you think? Have you ever needed to take a blogging break?

Bookish News

I do sort of have a book buying problem, but let's be honest, don't we all? I'm loving all of Epic Reads' clever bookshelf solutions.

The Real Fauxtographer is back, this time with her version of Gillian Flynn's adult thriller, Gone Girl. What do you think?

And the much anticiptated title of Veronica Roth's 3rd Divergent book is...

Entertainment News

November is too long to have to wait to see The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. At least we got our first look  at the MTV Movie Awards.

This is how the sound was created for Jurassic Park.

The new sci-fi flick, Elysium, starring Jodi Foster and Matt Damon looks promising.

Check out the only remaining footage from the 1926 version of The Great Gatsby. It's the cat's meow!

Pop Culture!
Electric guitars crafted from Star Wars toys?! How bad ass!

This is what some of our favourite childhood actors look like today.

As evidenced by my love for these dino corn-on-the-cob holders and this redone car, I think it's safe to say I'm officially obsessed with Jurassic Park. Yep.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back :) Happy Birthday!!! Hope it was fabulous! I just took a mini blogging break myself, it was unexpected but I just didn't really have the time to log on and I didn't let it stress me.
    Thanks for all the fun links! I love fun bookshelves.
    Happy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Naida!! Amen to blogging breaks! Sometimes you just have to break away from all the technology for awhile. It's good to hear from you and hope you had a lovely weekend!

      Delete

You stay classy now! And thanks for stopping by. But mostly stay classy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...