08 February 2013

TGIF / 14


Buenas dias, amigos! I don't have much news (again) this week other than the fact that it's been one full of amazing reads and movies. I'm happy to report, I've finally beaten the dreaded brain drain and kicked my motivationlessness to the curb, so yay for that! Thanks for all the amazeballs tips and support. You guys rock my world. Cheers!

Bookish News


A compilation of artwork inspired by books we grew up with. These are pretty great!

Should e-books be pay-as-you-go? This is an interesting concept, however, since I have issues with never DNF'ing, it doesn't really do me much good.

Here's everything you need to know about the launch of Bookish.com.

Entertainment News

Artist Terry Ververgaert creates an awesome Simpsons-Spiderman mashup. Clearly Milhouse goes for the win as Peter Parker.

Best commercial aired during the Superbowl? I think so. Daryl always wins. Always.

The Planet Express crew is back for a 7th season of Futurama. So excited for this!

Buy All The Things!

Hey, Death Star, come into my space mouth. NOM! NOM! NOM!

Bookends. I need some and these are both cute AND cheap.

Are you house hunting in Hollywood? Well then I have the house for you! You now have the opportunity to purchase the house featured in Nightmare on Elm Street (also used in Beethoven!). I think I'll pass.

Nerd embroidery is clearly the coolest thing on my radar this week.

Writing Tips

I've discovered a really great new blog called Journaling Saves. I'm a writer to the core but I don't want to just focus on fiction. Journaling is a great and creative way to chronicle just about anything! Let's get into the journaling groove, my friends!



2 comments:

  1. Buenos dias amiga and TGIF! I don't think I'd pay as I went reading, I'm greedy and I want the whole book right away. What if the seller goes out of business halfway thru a really awesome read? Or there's always the threat of a zombie apocolypse mid-read and I wouldn't be able to purchase the rest of the book. Ever. You never know.

    Thanks for the fun links :) I think the only thing worse than the Nightmare on Elm Street house, is the Amityville Horror one. I liked that Walking Dead commercial and did you see the library Oreo one? Hilarious :P sepcially when the cops arrive at the end.

    Glad your brain drain is over. Happy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you, Naida. I think my OCD tendencies prevent me from haivng partials of books on my Nook. Plus, if I ever change my mind, I'd like to have it already there and waiting. But you do make a good point about the selling going out of business! I never really considered that angle before.

      Oooooh Amityville Horror... that's a great one! OMG, that oreo commercial was amaZing. Thanks for sharing! Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

      Delete

You stay classy now! And thanks for stopping by. But mostly stay classy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...