18 January 2013

TGIF / 12

Hey everyone, long time no see! It’s been quite awhile since I’ve done a TGIF post, partly because of the holiday season but mostly because I just suuuuuuck. The motivation zap has had a serious hold on me but I think I’m finally starting to break out of it. So, hooray for that! Now here are some uber-cool distractions to end this seemingly endless work week. Happy Friday!

Bookish News
I’m digging this article on the merits of why you shouldn't totally go digital with your reading. Hard copy books… Nikki’s still in your corner!

I haven't read the Unearthly trilogy by Cynthia Hand but the new book trailer for Boundless makes me want to devour the entire series, like, right now.

A bookless library? It's possible and totally happening!

Entertainment News
How do you stop flesh-crazed, blood-thirsty, CGI Tazmanian devil beasts? With Winnie Cooper, of course!

Okay, fellow Scoutmasters, gear up because there's a new interatctive version of the Moonrise Kingdom movie script available and it will blow your mind with it's beautiful quirkiness.

This live-action version of Toy Story is simply incredible, not only in the fact that it's live-action, but it's the full length version, too!

Buy All The Things!
Fancy gifts for book nerds? Yes, please!

My movie addiction is fueled even further by this amazeballs Universal Classic Monsters movie set. Must. Own. Now.

Pop Culture!
I have only one mission in life now and that's to play real life Mario Kart. (Things get really good at around the 2 minute mark).

The long-awaited 5th episode of The BAMF Girls Club is finally here! REJOICE!

The White House responds to a petition to build the Death Star. Yes, this is real. Yes, it is nerdy. And yes, it is unmatched by way of its awesomeness.

6 comments:

  1. Happy Friday lady. OMG I LOVE that mug! I'm off to check out the site.
    I've been sucked into my Nook for a few months now and I totally blame hubby. But when all is said and done, I want a real book to cuddle up with. I actually just bought myself a copy (real copy) of another Nicholas Sparks book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are always going to be certain books that I will buy the real copy. I think when it comes to newer authors, I'll stick with purchasing them on my Nook (juuuuust in case). I suppose I'm a bit old fashioned and real books will always have a special place in my heart.

      Delete
  2. Fun bunch of links! And I agree, I'm not ready to go completely digital yet. I try to read a good balance of e-books, physical codices, and audiobooks. I have noticed that I seem to remember the details of stories better if I read them in a physical volume, because I can kind of picture the spot on the page and the area of the book where I read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you on that one, lady. I like to mix it up sometimes and throw an audiobook or two in there. They've sort of saved my tendency to road rage and make me a much more likable person in the car, haha.

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness I need to own that mug. It's kind of my life motto.

    ReplyDelete

You stay classy now! And thanks for stopping by. But mostly stay classy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...