16 November 2012

TGIF / 11

Okay ya'll, can you believe that Thanksgiving is next week?! I've pretty much been in denial about the holiday season since I saw a Target Christmas commercial on TV, like, a week before Halloween. So yeah, sooooo not ready for it. Anyway, I have lots of fun book and movie linkies for you this week. TGIF!

Bookish News
Great news, ladies! Women are dominating the National Book Awards this year. Go us!

Our favourite retailer, Amazon, has picked their top 10 books of 2012.

I've never read Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters, mostly because I was uber-disappointed with Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. However, this book trailer has me rethinking it.

The Atlantic asks just how dead is the book business?

Entertainment News
Dorothy's icon gingham dress from The Wizard of Oz sold for a crazy amount at auction.

And speaking of The Wizard of Oz, I'm all about the new trailer for Oz, The Great and Powerful.

I love me a good apocalyptic movie. Here are some of the best ones. What would you add to this list?

And finally, my girl crush Jennifer Lawrence in an interview with the New York Times. It just makes me fall in love with her all over again.

Pop Culture!


Nerd Alert! Things every geek should own. I want all of them.

I definitely need to get me some of these Game of Thrones Nursery Rhymes, you know, for when I have children of my own. Yeah. That's it. Definitely for the kids, not me.

1 comment:

  1. I got into the whole 'add zombies and vamps' to classic novels for a little while. I still have Emma and the Vampires to read.

    I love The Wizard of Oz, Dorothy's ruby red slippers are like the holy grail of hollywood.
    About the apocolyptic films, I havent seen The Road yet, but that is one of my favorite novels. It broke my heart.
    28 Days Later and I Am Legend were really good. And I had forgotten about 12 Monkeys and Waterworld, as weird as those films were, I enjoyed them both!

    Have a great weekend :) TGIF!

    ReplyDelete

You stay classy now! And thanks for stopping by. But mostly stay classy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...